Crossword generator in Dynamics AX

While iterating through the AOT, I came upon this class SysHelpCrosswordEngine. I never knew AX had a crossword generation engine (why will we need one anyway). After testing it for 5 minutes, I successfully generated my own crossword.



Well, I wasn’t obviously satisfied because I fed in the questions and I already knew the answers. So I wondered if there was a way to let AX generate a crossword for me, well it seems there is. Here is where another class SysHelpBookCrossword comes into picture. I let it generate a crossword for me on the intrinsic functions available in AX. I had to tweak one of the class to get the results. AX generated a crossword with 50 questions. It outputs a html file to the C: drive named cross.htm

You can find the attached project here. Have fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to add empty ranges in query

Get selected records in Dynamics AX 2012

The field with ID '0' does not exist in table - Cause and resolution.